Friday 2 November 2012

So it begins!!!

Good evening everyone.  I thought it was time to get my blog started.  I shall be running the London Marathon in April......mad I hear you say and  I have to agree.  I applied for ballot place last year and didn't get on and the same happened again this year.  I therefore applied for Haven's Hospices who I work for and have been fortunate enough to get a place with them however now the hard work and fundraising begins.

I am not really built for running and up until a few years ago when I met Dave I always said I could not run.  I have to say I do find it hard work but am up for the challenge. I am also hoping it will assist in my constant battle against my weight............I long for that size 12 again but will be satisfied with a toned a fit body :-).

I shall be posting pictures and videos of both my training and fundraising.  Dave has been kind enough to take some of me already!!!  I am hoping the speed and technique will improve

I hadn't even started here and was very conscious that Dave had his phone taking my picture.  Hopefully I will soon not care and will be posing :-).

We went for a run around the local park and Dave took the following video which shows just how rubbish I am at the moment however the good news is that there is plenty of room for improvement. 

The heavy breathing is Dave and not me!! To be fair he did keep running ahead so he could get a forward facing shot.  Enjoy!!!!

I have set a justgiving site up for those that would like to sponsor me and you can get on it via http://www.justgiving.com/Colly-Wilks  the first fundraising event that we are doing is Dave is going to grow a beard throughout November and I shall be posting daily photos.  The first two are as follows.
Day 1

Day 2

Although Dave is growing a beard this was inspired by Movember where men grow moustaches during November for Prostate Cancer and to highlight men's health.  I would therefore like to take this opportunity to remind those men out there that Movember is to raise awareness about men's health and that by being aware and getting early detection of things like Prostate Cancer can save your life.  So please check yourself and have any available tests done.........don't be shy and be healthy :-)

Well I reckon that is it for now.  Please support me in this challenge.  I will be grateful for any tips for both my training and the fundraising.  Don't be strangers.  See you soon, Colette x




No comments:

Post a Comment