Tuesday 29 January 2013

12 weeks to go!

This is quite a scary prospect - only 12 weeks to go.  The training is going to plan. I achieved my 10mile run on Sunday.  A difficult run I have to say however I think I made a couple of silly errors.  I ran on Saturday evening so didn't really give myself much time in between to recover and more importantly I did not have any breakfast!!  I had got up early to run as I was working on Sunday and wanted to get the run in before work.  I also did not want to get up too early so left getting up until the last minute, not thinking I should give myself time to have breakfast.

This has however prompted me into looking into my nutrition.  Something I keep thinking about and not achieving.  I love my food a bit too much and not the healthy stuff.  I have said I want to lose 3 stone this year and as yet I haven't done anything towards it.  Today however I have decided I need to start (those who know me are fully aware of my often good intentions!!!).  I have taken the step to look up nutrition for running on google and hopefully have some good ideas.  I am sure the running would be easier if I ate the right things to fuel my body in the way it should be and to lose some weight.

Dave and I are lazy shoppers and are totally unorganised when it comes to food and cooking so end up eating rubbish or take away.  Today however I have been online and placed an order for some healthier options and I have even planned a couple of recipes so watch this space!!

I am pleased with how the training is going and feel really good to have hit the 10 mile mark.  It is hard work but well worth the training.

That's it for now.
Keep popping back to see any updates.  Thanks for reading.
Catch you soon.
Colette :-)


1 comment:

  1. If you are reading my blogs please say a quick hi, it would be good to know who is reading them and where you are from - thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete