Thursday 18 April 2013

Race number collected and Excel visit.

An exciting day yesterday.  I went to the Excel with Dave and Simone to collect my race number.  It does make things seem very real now and exciting.  It was lovely as the the cubicle I went to to collect my number was being manned by people who had previously ran the marathon for Havens Hospices.

My race number - wahoo :-)


I had my last training run on Tuesday and ran 4 miles. It was lovely as Dave and Simone were able to come out with me so I had my last training run with them which was very special.  Now it's just trying to relax and wait for Sunday.  It's not that easy when you have got into the habit of going out running.  Although I know it all gives my muscles time to recover I feel as if I should be going out.  

Sunday is going to be a pretty emotional day I think especially in view of the bombings in Boston.  Virgin have given us all black ribbons to wear which I shall wear with pride.  They will be having a period of silence as a sign of respect prior to the race start and they have announced today that they shall be donating £2 for each runner that crosses the finish line to the official Boston charity which will go towards helping the victims.  It sickens me to think that at such a wonderful time when people are at an event raising money for charity and doing nothing but good they are targeted by terrorists.  I am sure I speak for many when I say it makes us all the more determined to run.  Of course from an individual point of view I shall be thinking of those who have inspired me to run which includes my patients, my family and my friends.

I am pleased and excited to say I have pretty much reached my £1500 target if not exceded it however it would be great to see that balance continue to grow so if you would like to add to my fundraising and donate to Havens Hospices then please visit my page at www.justgiving.com/Colly-Wilks.

Many thanks.
Next time I catch you hopefully I will have my medal.  Thanks for your ongoing support,
Colette :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment